Monday, August 18, 2008

summer lovin......

Summer lovin....... Current mood: blessed
had me a blasst...... oh wait sorry thats Grease.........
Where do I start. I guess I should fill everyone in on the coming's and going's of the Fryor clan. for those of you who care and want to read...keep on rolling down .. for those of you who don't .. well isn't that what the red x at the top of the page is for? {ok so I really need to stop the sarcasm is just BEYOND out of control these days.- even Darold said dude to me the other day!}
So we have spent a huge part of the summer at the pool. I took some of our rebate money and treated the family to a family pool pass. well worth the money- of course there were day's that the boys wouldn't leave my side {unless I of course would spend the entire day in the deep end with them jumping in into my arms. and lets not of course forget when Wy decided he could just JUMP on his own while patrick was jumping in..........my little daredevil.} and Jadyn made lots of new friends, flirted with lots of lifeguards such is life. we all got very tan and had a blast!
We spent a week in Wisconsin- at the Grindstone lake- where we will probably spend a week during the summer forever. this place is where I truley feel my heart is. every time I am there I feel so at peace, there is no way to explain it. Its like i feel connceted to my anscestors. Jadyn adn the boys all had traditional regala and danced in the powow {pics on the photo gallery folks} and my neice Emilie got a traditional indian name. I will have to look at the spelling again but it is indian for butterfly. The plans are also in the works for Jadyn and I to have a naming ceremony next summer so look for details of that coming, as it will be a spiritual journey for both of us this year and we are learning more and more about our ancestors and the culture. she is really enjoying it. this year was bittersweet as it was the first year i have gone that my Aunt Betty was not there. It seemed odd without her there. she was definatley missed and thought of the entire time I was there. I even went to the old grindstone house and said a prayer and talked to her. maybe seems corny to y'all. but i felt her there.

My neice Belle has spent 2 glorious weeks with us this summer. and her and my awesome sister dear also went on vaca with us. we love having belle and she is just the cutest damn thinge ver.... yes i am biased... deal.! Although it has been decided next year on vaca hotel rooms will be set up for halfway in the trip up and the trip back lol.
Jadyn finally had to get glasses. we have been getting her eyes tested since she was 3 {started patrick this year} and we knew this day was coming- but this summer they finally said she needed just a weak prescription for reading, book work, board work ect. but that they were fairly sure that within the next year she would have to wear them for everything. she picked out purple disney p-rincess wire frames with a dangly princess and at first was all excited but now is afraid she won't be cool... ummm dude... first grade.. how "cool" can you be?
the kids have gone to 4 camps this summer. actually patrick went to 2, and jadyn went to 4. her FAVE by far was the summer day camp at Fellowship bible church in Charles town. she had a blast! it was the most organized well put together daycamp i have ever seen!
we did a few day trips this summer and had a great time. we had more planned but Darold's dad got very sick at the beginning of the summer and spent 3 weeks in Fairfax hospital on a ventilator for 8 of those days. we were very scared! however he is home, doing better and slowly heading back to work but we spent a bulk of june traveling back and forth .
we are pretty much done with the pool fo rhte season. patrick ended up back in the ER last weekend for an exacerbation of his asthma and a double ear infection with some major fluid build up. poor little guy. he knows when he needs a shot- he will bring me the sock monkey and tell me the sock monkey needs a shot. he kept telling the doc. {who used to work at loudoun with me btw so I love him!} i berry berry sick. we had a follow up visit with his primary care this week and we are headed for the allergist in 2 weeks for a round of skin testing. possible allergy shots. which I HATE teh thought of! however, if it helps his asthma I am all for it. the fall is a TERRIBLE time of the year for us!
I mourned the loss of a cousin this past summer. my step dad's cousin Barry Sones past away several weeks ago. probably one of the funniest men I have ever known. I have known him for as long as i can remember. he was a wonderful man. he was 61 yrs old and from what I hear he past away in his sleep. thats the way I want to go.

I start classes tomorrow to finally finish my RN. WHEW finally!
Jadyn starts first grade on the 26th. all decked out with new clothes. she is ready. although she is telling me that she is getting married this year...... not sure mommy is ready for that. she is getting so big i am not handling it well at all~
Patrick has learned how to ride his bike FAST in the last 2 weeks and its so cute and Wyatt has decided that EVERYONE is DA bomb!
hope all is well on y'alls end of the world! take care
Chrissi

No comments: