Saturday, August 30, 2008

Jadyn's first day of school.











Ok so I am a few days late....... Its been a hectic week. Jadyn started first grade this week...sniff...sniff.......sniiiiiffffff. Its sad for me, bittersweet really- I remember every bit of my pregnancy with her, my preterm labor, the bedrest and literally every second of my labor and birth with her. all 23 hrs and 42 minutes of it. its odd really, because I don't remember alot about the boy's labor but for some reason hers sticks with me. Kindergarten was still sad, but she was still my kindergarten baby, still a little girl. First grade marks a rite of passage almost. she is no longer my baby girl... she is growingup, my little fashionista, diva, social butterfly, little leaguer all rolled into one.

She got glasses over the summer, just for reading, board work ect. at first she was excited than embarressed. refused to wear them, came up with every exscuse in the book.

ME: Jadyn we need to wear our glasses, they are really cool, I let you pick them out- why won't you wear them?

J: noone will recognize me, they will say hey whose the new girl. my friends wont love me blah blah blah the list goes on and on and on...litererally.






So we get to school at the same time as her 2 bff's. they were all like hey we are in first grade. for about 3 SECONDS. once they went into the gym they were all huddled up together crying please don't make us stay please let us go home and play- J took off her glasses and threw them at me and backed herself into a corner " I am NOT staying she said", I am coming home with you RIGHT NOW. ..... first of all let me say "DUDE" "you are staying right here...... you are GOING to school!!!!! so us mom's of the three girls sneak out while they are still sniffling and look back in and they are ok. the first day goes ok.... we hear about the school and how cute this boy is ect ect ect. I get the agenda book home on friday and the communication log says "jadyn had a great first week, but needs to remmeber not to talk during instruction time"..really? J a talker? seriously? I never would have guessed
so here are some pics ofhre and the boys and our nieghtbor boy Ben on her first day of
FIRST GRADE.

1 comment:

AiringMyLaundry said...

Aww the pictures are adorable.