Wednesday, August 13, 2008

patrick poopypants

Patrick Poopypants
I type this in brown...because appropriatley enough I will be speaking about poop. poop poop and more poop, or in Patrick's case the LACK there of. So we have been potty training since April. he got the pee pee part down pat right away. no problems. Has not had a pee pee accident since May or so. NOT ONE. Poopie is a different story. here is what our daily conversations consist of.
ME: Patrick where are we going to go potty today?
Patrick: in the potty.
ME: GREAT Patrick! thats my big boy. now again, where do we go poopy at?
Patrick: {sigh} IN DA POTTY.
after great lengths of picking between our sponge bob, diego , thomas or spider man underwear,,, at which point i am convinced he is just trying to decide W HO he wants to poopie on. we get underwear on. we sit on the potty every 20 minutes after breakfast , after lunch eect ect.
the MINUTE my back is turned...... I smell it... the definate smell of poopie in da pants.
ME: {sigh... sigh... AND again SIGH} Patrick did you poopy in your pants?
Patrick: No... I didn't... Wyatt did it.
Wyatt: NO I DIDNT POOPY, FAFRICK {his name for patrick} did it.
Patrick.: {but up against the wall} nooooo I didn't poopy
Me: ok p lets get changed.... {at which time I say AGAIN for hte millionth time} patrick where do we go poopie.
Patrick: ummmm in the potty.
ME: why did you poopy in your pants?
Patrick: ummmm I don't know.
ME: well sponge bob is very sad that you poopied onhim.
Patrick: Oh Sorry spongebob.
ME: why did you poopy on sponge bob?
Patrick: Because I NEED to.
DUDE... I am at my wits end! Jadyn was so easy to potty train. was done by her second bday- patrick has been a nightmare. at this point I may be in a nursing home before he is pooping in the potty! he is set to start preschool in 3 weeks and it looks like he will be starting preschool next year at age 4 because he is not ready and I am not sending him not ready and I cant keep stressing over it. its not fair to poor patrick. so alas
his new name is patrick poopypants.........

No comments: