Sunday, August 31, 2008

shower time...........

So let me tell you about shower time in my house. I got home at 815 this am. it is day 5 in my 6 day stretch of midnights. I hate my 6 day stretches, but then I get 2 days off and alas, because I am a college student AGAIN. This is the schedule I must keep. esp since I am going to be full time student in the fall of 09, so i need to just suck it up and be done.
Anyway I get home and I get donuts on my way home, I don't always do this but at least one time a weekend when I am working I do so I have my handy dandy discount card from J's school, seriously the best card I have ever bought { on this card one of the offers is buy 1/2 dozen donuts at DD, get 1/2 dozen free... dude... a DOZEN Dunkin Donuts for 4.99 who can resist?}
It never fails EVERY time I call home on my way home- wyatt the 2 yr old gets on the phone and says "hi mommy, you have donuts....?" and donuts is always pronoucned dooonnnuuuts? like its a delicacy- just the word needs to be savored. Most mornings I say "no baby I don't have donuts" to which he replies "ok mommy, daddy mommy no has donuts for me"
so on the rare saturdays that I do bring donuts home {it has been every other Sat- but now I am working the next 6 weekends straight so I am assuming this will be the next 6 Sat conversations}
"Wy- mommy is on her way home"
"Hi mommy- you have donnnuuuuuttttttttsss?"
"yes Wy I am bringing donuts home."
SCREEEEEEEEECCCCHHH
"Daddy my mommy my mommy...... breath breath breah.... my MOMMYS HAS DONUTS FOR MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE' and the phone drops. on the floor. literally.

Darold then picks up the phone and says " I hear you are bringing donuts". I get home they are waiting, drooling, grabbing the donuts before i get htem to the counter. you would swear i dont feed them. Wy my ever clown, takes his donuts , looks at it and falls to the floor pretending to pass out. Nice wyatt... nice.

Fast forward to upstairs. I immediatly go upstairs and turn ont he shower... toHOT, like burn my skin like a lobster hot, because thats the way I like my showers, and because as you who are nurses know... it doesn't matter how hard or easy your night goes you always SMELL like hospital. I could have no vomit, no poopies, no codes nothing and I would still Smell like hospital. so I always strip down and shower as soon as I get home. So i get in my scalding, skin ripping, lobster turning shower and douse my hair, am reveling in the ALONENESS of the shower because truley as the mom of 3 rascals under the age of 7 this is IT. this is as good as it gets! Soon i hear "knock knock .... mommy what u doing? "
me: nothing Wyatt mommy is taking a shower
Wyatt: mommy I help you? I get in?
Me: no wy this is mommys shower..

pitter pitter pitter
Patrick: BAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Mommy you are NAKED {as he points and laughs at mea t the top of his lungs }

cue- running...... Daddy daddy daddy my mommy is naked.. come see..... and all I can hear is Darold laughing in the bedroom.
Wyatt: mommy please i come in with you?
me: NO!
Jadyn: mommy mommy mommy patrick/.wyatt/daddy {just inserta name... whoever has irritated her at the time } is looking at me/breathing wrong/picking one me {insert annoying activity here}
me: ok Jadyn just walk away
cue stomping feet... BUT MOMMy
{cue circus music.}
me: DUDE Darold I need 5 minutses to myself......
wyatt: mommy plllleaseeeeeeeeee
me: fine. get in. seriously. t his is ridiculous. do you have to get in? seriously.
wyatt: {stripping down} yup yup yup
So i turn the water down to tepid.. really the worst way to take a shower
Wy gets in...
wy: mommy whasss that? wheres your ernie ? {poiinting at my vajay jay} whats that?
mommy boobie boobie
ME: ok d get me a towel I am done. literally.
sigh.......... shower time...

No comments: