Saturday, August 23, 2008

First week of class

So this semester I am only taking one class. I have 3 pre reqs to get in. the books for my A&P class I only need to purchase one time. its for a&p I and II. however the books so far have totaled well over 400.00 anyway I" won't have books for a&P II next semester just for my english class. I walk in to the school on tuesday- having no idea where i am going.. none.... and i am sure that i look like a total friggin idiot. Walking around looking in hallways, trying to find some CLUE as to where I am supposed to be at. then I find a clump of people who kind of look as lost as me. "are you guys trying to find Anatomy?" "yup we are" they say. FINALLY 10 minutes later we find the class room. Thankfully we are early. I always try to be early. the class is full. full of highschool looking girls in teeny tiny tanktops that I am quite sure one of my boobs wouldn't even fit in. QUITE SURE. high school looking kids that act like they could give a S*** if they are there are not. there are some adults in the class. I try to find a spot that would not put me next to an idiot as I have to do well in these classes to get into the nursing program if I want to finish my RN. people start filtering in 5-10 minutes late. the teacher says "well class apparently these people don't have the same clock we do"...DUDE... note to self... don't EVER be late for this ladies class. Someone shows up sits down gets out her ENGLISH book and says oh isn't this English 101? SERIOUSLY? you don't look at your schedule? no.. this is anatomy- so off she goes.. convinced she is to be in english. 5 minutes comes back in heeeheeeheee i AM supposed to be here giggle giggle giggle... dude... you are so not funny all you have shown us is what a friggin idiot you are. then proceeds to LOUDLY state that she knows all this stuff. she has taken this class 3 times. 3 TIMES? and you want to brag? seriously.... I would be hiding. so then someone filters in 15 minutes late and says what do i need to do? Teacher states "apparently you need to go back out into the hallway for ANOTHER 15 minutes" DUDE... second note to self... always always be early..never ever ever late. then comes the test... she hands out a 75 question pretest... to test our knowledge base.... all organic chem, chem, physics stuff I have not taken for 10 yrs or better. i hand in the test and she says how did you do? i say not very good. she says do you have healthcare exp? ummm yes maam i am a nurse.... i dont remember this crap. Said idiot who brags about taking the class 3 times {one time she failed because she had a baby in the middle of the semester...maybe this is not the time to tell her i had two babies during nursing school and STILL graduated 2nd in my class... or maybe I should?} leaves at 8. class is not over till 930. she says her ride and her BOO are here to pick her up and she was POSITIVE that the "teach" was only going to go over the syllabus and let us go. IDIOT. Fast forward to lab- I am missing tha tbook. the book store is out fo them. it is t60.00. 60.00 that I don't have this week. the total is now well over 400.00, just for books. my instinct is to run far far away... but i need this class. i need my RN. I need to prove to myself that I CAN do this. that I can do the LPN to RN track and that I am better for it. sigh.... i think i need to go bury myself in my 400 dollar books now.

1 comment:

Brittany said...

God, I remember how expensive books were...and you can only sell them back for , like $10. Thieves!