Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Driving his power wheels to surgery


Driving his power wheels to surgery
Originally uploaded by Chrissi6

So this past Monday, April 13th Patrick had surgery. minor surgery, but surgery at that. Tubes and adenoids. he has had alot of ear infections this year, as well as some hearing loss associated with it, and alot of respiratory infections including several ER visits and 2 bouts of pneumonia this year one requiring a hospital stay.
so we took him to an ENT and we opted to do tubes and adenoids.
Everything went well. Loudoun Inova Hospital was wonderful, the new surgery center amazing. they even had a power wheels he could drive back to the OR. which he was cool with, until he realized at the swinging doors tha tmommy and daddy were no longer with him. ok, lets be real here. he realized MOMMY wasn't behind him. because lets be truthful, that boy is as big of a mommy's boy as it gets. D-man says he doesn't see where my ASS ends and Patrick's head begins most days. this is the child that will tell his daddy that he is on MOMMy's laptop or that he needs to lay on my side of the bed to keep it warm for me. ect ect.
so back to my story. he parks his jeep, turns it off and says "I'm not going anywhere without my mommy". He started to cry and I started to cry. It was the worst day. i told the d-man that it was like walking away from my 30 1/2 week miracle preemie in the NICU all over again, except this time he KNEW I was walking away and it broke. my . heart. literally.
at 1 hr I told d-man that their time was up. someone better be bringing my baby back to me. the Dr. came out shortly after and told us that all went well, his adenoids were bigger than expected so they were blocking his nasal passages and they had some hard time getting them out. then they took us back to the PACU and I could hear my baby screaming for us as soon as the doors opened. {ok again, lets be real here.... he was screaming for MOMMY} God love the anestheliogist he was cradling patrick who was still out of it but screaming for me in his arms. I sat down and he put him in my arms and i started to crying just as hard as he was. just so happy that he was back in my arms, that he was ok, and that there were no effects from the anesthesia. he got Morphine in the recovery, and came home where he has been napping, eating popsicles and sphagettios and just in general enjoying snuggling in mommy and daddy's bed, Ahem..... MOMMY's bed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahh....isn't it wonderful when they love you and want you that much?? INova is Great. :) We had ours done here in WV with our son. He had his tonsils and adneoids out b/c of snoring and ear infections. He had so many it was messing with his speech. He has improved so much since then. He was 3 at the time and hasn't had an ear infection since then. :) Glad he is doing well!