Tuesday, September 16, 2008

mowing the lawn......

So I have been trying to get the D-man to teach me how to mow the lawn. The only experience I have in mowing the lawn was when I was about 15 and my grandfather foolishly let me try and use his riding mower to mow his big lawn. I backed it into a little man made ditch he had in his yard. never again was I allowed to touch it. EVER.

I have always just let the hubster do the yards, period. I have never questioned it, never cared. But, to be fair, the d-man does about 98% of the laundry in the house- sure I might do a load here or there, but he likes to do it and Hey why mess with a good thing? a husband who does the laundry willingly and likes it? well I am not going to question that one. this is a man who also does the dishes every am. so I thought maybe I better learn. with our schedules- he on second shift and me on third it wouldn't hurt me to mow the lawn in the afternoon while the boys are napping and j is in school {wait,, the boys nap? ok scratch that..... while the boys are PLAYING}
Anyway, I have been bugging him for months. and I tend to play the dramatics ie: what if if something happens to you? what if you DIE? what if you are in a COMA? all scenarios of why I would have to GASP mow my own lawn, and I hate to depend on someone so I would rather learn. he always says he wont die and leave me with an unmowed lawn.. I would like to trust that... still.
so this weekend he finally gave in. he showed me how to turn it on, laughed when i at first had a hard time with the pull start thingy {yes thats the TECHNICAL term} and hovered while I mowed, and then when i was done said "can I fix it without you getting mad?" without waiting for an answer he took it and fixed my somewhat squiggly lines in the yard and thanked me for attempting to learn. I said "D did it take a little bit of you rman hood to see me touching your mower?" he said "yeah a little bit".
So I said well d what if you were kidnapped by Marauders? I would HAVE to know what I am doing.. I mean these Mauraders they are mean they could keep you for YEARSSSSSSSSSSS.
"Chrissi, I will make sure I only get kidnapped by Maruauders who will let me come home and mow the lawn"

well as long as we have that settled.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I understand the whole "not wanting to depend on someone" issue. I worry all the time that is something happens to my hubby I will go broke only b/c he does the bills!! AH!!! I haven't done bills in about 5 years! EEKKK>.. Maybe I will demand him to let me help :(

Brittany said...

I agree...I would be lost without hubby to mow and do bills and kill spiders...which makes me feel pathetic.