Thursday, February 26, 2009

10 people no longer living I would love to have met....and why.

well. Thanks to the handy dandy ...... I know I know your next word is NOTEBOOK...for all you Blues Clues fans. {btw... which do you like better? Steve or Joe? me personally? i love Joe- } anyway, I am backtracking. I found www.creativityportal.com tonight. and used their imagination prompt generator. FASCINATING!

So here is my prompt for tonight. 10 people no longer living I would love to meet, and why.
the first half are family.

1. My Oma's mom. my great-Oma Charlotteand my Great- Opa Siegfried She died in 1981. I was 4. she lived in Germany where my Oma grew up. he died during WWII. the details have always been sketchy. I used to love hearing stories about the war from my Oma, and I so treasure the history she has given me to pass on to my mom. I would have loved to have met her parents.

2. My great grandmother Christine LaRouque who I was named after. I am part German and part Indian. my grandfather was born and raised on the LCO reservation in Hayward, WI. one of my very favorite places on this earth. I would have like to have met her to see why my mom decided I was worthy of her name.

3. I am told that my great great great Grandfather was the Medicine Man of our indian tribe . well.... thats enough said I would have liked to have met him as well.

4. My step-dad's father Luther. he died when my step-dad was 16. I was only lucky enough to know his mom for a year after my parents got married and she died {I was 12} I would have liked to have met him.

5. Princess Diana. because she .is. an. Icon. period. there are no two ways about it. She was classy.

6. Jackie Kennedy. I have a picture of me next to the cardboard cutout of her at the Smithsonian. what a class act.
and while we are at it. let me piggy back on this. her son..... John jr. FREAKIN HOT!

7. Ronald Reagan. hands down. he was one of my fave presidents. just because he was classy, he was NICE.

8. Wyatt Earp- because my son is named Wyatt- and because we call him Wyatt Earp. we didn't name him BECAUSE of that. but we thought it was a strong name to go along with Patrick. because can't you just see two brothers who are 15 months apart saying hey Wyatt you got my back? yeah Patrick I got your back. so yeah. I would like to meet Wyatt Earp.

9. and while we are at it. Doc Holiday... because who wouldn't.

10. Peter Jennings. because what a wealth of information and history he would have.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful blog and very inspiring. :)

Your lesson: When you are typing your blog up where the little font changes, center button and add photos spot is there is a little button with a green link on it. First Hightlight the name or word you want to link and then click that green link button. Type in your http:// address and click ok. You will be all linked up!! :) If you can't figure it out, message me and I will help in a different way :) Good luck and Congrats on your award! You deserve it!

THE FRYOR CLAN said...

dude i just looked at my blog again and I used the word classy way to many times! lol. I love to blog and I love to write. I have always dreamed of writing a book haha. I figure this will help my writing skills! thanks for the lesson!

AiringMyLaundry said...

Very interesting list.

I wish I could meet Henry the Eighth. I'd ask why he was so danged cranky and why he felt the need to marry so many times. I mean obviously after the third time he should have gotten the memo that hey, maybe marriage isn't for me.

BoldAsLove said...

Medicine is in your blood! How cool, I'm jealous that you are a legacy haha.