Sunday, December 14, 2008

patrick spent his first night away from Mommy....

and mommy was not too happy about that. the kids had their joint birthday party this weekend, and I am used ot Jadyn who still at her bf's house at 8pm wants to come home and we have to just say nope you are staying, you wanted to go, your there.......
patrick has been BEGGING to go spend the night at his best buddies forever. his best buddy btw is Jadyn's best friends little brother- and his mom and i are wonderful friends.
So they had their party, and J had 7 girls.. yup 7 count em... I am all sorts of crazy.
D said"Chrissi did you tell me this many girls were spending the night"
me- feigning idiot mode- well of course i did , dear , sweet husband of mine....{GAG ME}
D~ ummmm are you insane.....
I was all like Oh I can SO do this.... and then of course he heads to his buddy's house to play the xbox 360- of course within 20 minutes J was sick from all the junkfood and wanted her daddy so I had to call him and be all like, your girl wants you home, come home blah blah blah.

so anyway back to Patrick- my friend said P want to come spend the night with "Maiden"? His name is Ayden but for some reason my boys call him Maiden lol. Patrick got his backpack faster than I have ever seen him move and started shoving things in and said lets go~ down the stairs he went saying.. bye mommy bye i see you later! I was all like wait patrick are you sure you wan tto go? are. you. sure?
because Mommy is NOt so sure. lets clarify. Patrick has spent 4 nights away from me since he was born into my life. two. and that was when wy was in the hospital and i had no choice. but never away from me by choice. never picking his "buddy" over me. NEVER.
so I call later to check on him and my friend said PAtrick your doing fine right? you don't want to go home? Patrick said NOOOOOOOOOOO. Ayden said mommy I don't want patrick to go home, at which point I hear P say big and loud- Its ok buddy I am not going anywhere.

Part of me is glad he went so willingly. I guess that means I have raised a secure little man.
the rest of me is SO glad that Wy is too young for sleepovers.
on a good note, my P man sure was glad to see me this am!

1 comment:

BoldAsLove said...

aww his first night away, that's bittersweet :)

7 girls though? whew. glad you made it out alive!