Thursday, December 11, 2008

Mommy swallowed me up and then they had to cut me out..................

Let me start out by saying that Tuesday December 9th was little man's birthday. his 4th. He tells me he is no longer Mommy's boy.... instead he is now Mommy's MAAAAAN... and says it just like this. He wore his birthday boy shirt proudly and showed it to whoever would pay him attention.
Little back ground, Patrick is my preemie. he came to us at just over 30 weeks gestation due to Pregnancy Induced Hypertension, Preeclampsia, low amniotic fluids ect ect. we were blessed by the grace of God, {yes he is great} that even though they brought the ventilator machine into the OR and warned us he would be intubated, he did not need to be, they warned us about apnea and the apnea monitors, he suprised everyone by keeping his sats up, his body temperature, passing the car seat test ect. they cut my belly at 731 pm that night and at 737 I heard the most glorious scream as they pulled him out of my belly. A night that I will be forever grateful for. {not that I am not so thankful for my other 2, just this one was so early and we came so close......}
So anyway the other day was his birthday- he and wy are 15 months apart. both c sections. J was my only Vag. So patrick asked me "Mommy how was I borned?" I showed him my scar and just said when you were born you were very sick and they had to cut my belly open and you came out here.
WY: mommy mommy mommy my come out your belly?
me: yes wy you did too.
WY: mommy my kick you?
me: yes wy you did.
WY: mommy my not mean to I so sorry as he kisses my scar

meanwhile patrick is just staring at my scars....

Patrick: mommy how did i get in there?
me: you just grew in there
Patrick: I need to go talk to daddy
run run run... and he goes to talk to daddy while daddy is in the shower

Patrick: Daddy did you knwo that mommy swallowed me up and ate me down to her belly and I got sick and they had to cut me out and throw me to you to save me.

Daddy: wow p thats an ummm interesting story... I wonder how mommy knew you were sick and needed to get out?
{ok.... daddy...seriously... lets not egg it on}
Patrick: well daddy..... I put my mouth to her belly and said "mommmyyyyyy your man is ready to come out come gettttt meeeeee i neeeeed you"

seriously... out of the mouth of babes.
so happy birthday my little man, may you have many many more blessed birthday.
Love, Mommy

No comments: